We Raid Naked

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to We Raid Naked forums!

4 posters

Prot Warrior / Resto or Enhanced Shaman / Sub Rogue

awesomekill
    awesomekill

Prot Warrior / Resto or Enhanced Shaman / Sub Rogue Empty Prot Warrior / Resto or Enhanced Shaman / Sub Rogue

Post  awesomekill April 19th 2009, 4:16 pm

Character Name/ armory link:
    Awesomekill / Prot warrior (I have some blue DPS plate, but I've not DPSed since MC)
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Warsong&n=Awesomekill

Fonzarelli / Resto Shaman ( I have mostly 10m epic gear for both healing and enhanced dps)
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Warsong&n=Fonzarelli

Vevender / Sub Rogue (Starting to get there with more epics than nonepic, but lacking epic weaps and not currently a PVE spec)
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Warsong&n=Vevender

Real Life Age ( 38 )
    Class: I was planning to raid with my warrior, who I feel is my strongest toon, but I see you are full on them. So, whatever the guild needs.

Character Spec: Warrior and Shaman are PVE specced. Rogue is Sub PVP specced atm.

Profession/Skill Level: Warrior is Blacksmith / Miner, Shaman is Herb / Alchemy, Rogue is Engineering / Enchanting (eats all my other toons gold)

Are you able to meet our raid times? One weekend out of each month I drill with my Navy Reserve unit. Other than that, yes.

What is your raiding experience? Nax 10 for all my toons, Nax 25 for my shaman. OS 10 for all my toons, OS 25 for my shaman. Vault 10/25 for my warrior and shaman. In BC I did Kara, but never the other ones. Before that I did AQ 20, ZG, Onyxia, MC on my Tank. I never went to Blackwing Layer. I'm a casual player, but I know the Nax, OS fights. I have never done Maly.

What are your past guilds and why did you leave? (please note if you are in ANY current guild) Four Horsemen most recently. It was just a family guild with me and my brothers. Bellatoris Domini. This is a raiding guild. But they are east coast and eventually I could not work out making raid times, so I left to not be a drag on them.

Do you feel you can bring anything unique to the guild? I'm not a unique snowflake. lol

Do you have a good grasp of your class? Have you read forums and done the research to ensure you play at the highest level? I do read the forums. I do try to play as well as I can. But I'm no warcraft genius. I play for fun, not science.

Do you use addons to help maximize your healing / dps? If so, which ones? Asside from pugs, I've not raided in a while, so I would have to look up what's available. I'm not currently using anything but I'm not against it. I just have not been in a serious raid guild recently.

Will you be able to maintain a MINIMUM of 70% raid attendance ? Yes.

Will you come prepared to raids with appropiate consumables (food, flask etc)? Yes.

Are you familiar with the content we will be raiding? Knowledge of Naxx, the dragon encounters (Malygos and Sartherion)? Yes, no, yes.

Do you ever have latency issues, or do you suffer from disconnects regularly? Usually my connection is pretty solid.

Do you ever suffer from unstable framerates that cause you to freeze or run in place? Not really. I have occasionally needed to restart my WoW when it started seeming lagged or the video jacked up someway or another, but its rare.

Are you applying for any other guilds? Not yet. I'm looking for a guild on a new server because my server (warsong) is an east coast server mostly.

Who do you know in We Raid Naked? No one.

Do you have Ventrillo and a Mic? Yep.

Anything else you care to mention (Optional but encouraged)? I like pie.
    Rootbeer
    Rootbeer
    Admin

Prot Warrior / Resto or Enhanced Shaman / Sub Rogue Empty Re: Prot Warrior / Resto or Enhanced Shaman / Sub Rogue

Post  Rootbeer April 19th 2009, 5:41 pm

I don't play WoW anymore but from what I see of your Warrior is...

I had to squint at your warriors spec, why didn't you get gag order? why did you put points into improved charge when logically they could have gone into the iron will? Improved rend is also more valuable than booming voice.

The gems are also interesting, stick with Parry/Stam Dodge/Stam and straight stam gems.

You also need to get your hit up and get your expertise up another 12 to be past the dodge cap for raid bosses.

Also showing your 3 toons is cool and all but if the rules are still the same you will only raid on 1 of them. Your going to have to get some gear from naxx to be Ulduar ready which you aren't right now.

Up to the officers to decide whether you're in or not
    awesomekill
    awesomekill

Prot Warrior / Resto or Enhanced Shaman / Sub Rogue Empty Re: Prot Warrior / Resto or Enhanced Shaman / Sub Rogue

Post  awesomekill April 19th 2009, 6:49 pm

Rootbeer wrote:I don't play WoW anymore but from what I see of your Warrior is...

I had to squint at your warriors spec, why didn't you get gag order? why did you put points into improved charge when logically they could have gone into the iron will? Improved rend is also more valuable than booming voice.

The gems are also interesting, stick with Parry/Stam Dodge/Stam and straight stam gems.

You also need to get your hit up and get your expertise up another 12 to be past the dodge cap for raid bosses.

Also showing your 3 toons is cool and all but if the rules are still the same you will only raid on 1 of them. Your going to have to get some gear from naxx to be Ulduar ready which you aren't right now.

Up to the officers to decide whether you're in or not

Ah, yeah.... I forgot about the extra damage on shield slam. When I had to spec him again after this patch I just did it by memory and screwed that one up. o.O I took booming voice as a filler so that I could get piercing howl, which I use on runners and BGs. Improved charge is nice because I start each fight with a big chunk of rage.

As for gemming, I look at the gem bonuses and I'll go for the odd one if I think the combined bonus + gem will better serve me than just going for straight stamina, defence, avoidance....

Looking at them: 5 24sta, 2 8def/12sta, 2 8parry/8def, and one odd one 8expertise/8hit. My bonuses get me +18 def rating, +6 dodge rating, +12 stamina.

But anyway... I'm always up for advice. Razz
    zabula923
    zabula923

Post  zabula923 April 20th 2009, 9:27 am

talk to me in game if you can on zabula dabuda or ask someone if i am in vent apps get lame but i would like to talk to you in game. so much easier
    awesomekill
    awesomekill

Post  awesomekill April 20th 2009, 1:49 pm

Okay, I'll roll a toon there. After we talk, if we think its a good fit, I'll transfer my 3 mains over. I don't expect for them all to get a raid spot though. I just like keeping my dudes together.

I also spoke with my RL brother about you guys... He quit WoW recently cause Warsong sucks unless you speak Portugese or are in a hardcore raiding guild, which he doesn't have time for... I'm hoping he comes over. If so, he's got a pretty well geared druid (feral or resto) and frost mage. But anyway, its not a sure thing... he might decide he likes the real world or some such craziness.
    Revrand
    Revrand

Post  Revrand April 20th 2009, 5:05 pm

I say we let him in on is avatar alone :O
    awesomekill
    awesomekill

Post  awesomekill April 26th 2009, 1:37 pm

Hi guys,

Im sorry to say... I have had some intermitent ISP problems in the last few days and I missed the window to transfer to the server. I'm sending a ticket into Bliz, just in case, but I'm not too hopeful. Sad

I will post again when they reply.
    Revrand
    Revrand

Post  Revrand April 26th 2009, 7:23 pm

hope it works out, would love to have you join us.
    awesomekill
    awesomekill

Post  awesomekill April 26th 2009, 11:04 pm

From what I've read on here, y'all seem like a good crew. So I'm hoping it works out... if not, maybe I'll just have to cough up the money for a paid transfer. Sad
    Revrand
    Revrand

Post  Revrand April 27th 2009, 12:10 pm

awesomekill I think I'm going to be a little hard up here on your options.

I'd love either your shaman for healing or your warrior for tanking. you have untill this friday for the raid, we'd need you to bring one or the other over. by then if you'd like to join us. We'd be more than happy for your shaman cause good healers are rare.

The reason why by friday is cause we'd like to get you in our 25 man naxx to get you a bit of gear to help out on ulduar.

Please let me know as soon as possible, also if you could try to run a pug naxx in the mean time (on your current server) to try and pick up a bit of gear.

Cheers
    awesomekill
    awesomekill

Post  awesomekill April 30th 2009, 4:15 pm

I'm gonna bow out for now... Blizzard isn't going to do anything... I didnt think they would, but I was still hoping. Its like a 700 queue to log on to Warsong and 90% of the time I don't speak the same language as the majority of the people I have to group with.

I'm gonna take a break for a few days or maybe even until they open up transfers again... its just too annoying.

Sorry to flake on you guys. I wish I were there.
    Revrand
    Revrand

Post  Revrand May 1st 2009, 10:04 am

All good, Hope things turn out to be in your favor. Your more than welcome to apply again if they give you another transfer over.

Cheers

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 27th 2024, 2:04 pm