We Raid Naked

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to We Raid Naked forums!

3 posters

Rogue Class

Gholgolroth
    Gholgolroth

Rogue Class Empty Rogue Class

Post  Gholgolroth February 23rd 2009, 4:11 pm

So, I see these other threads for other classes, and I thought I would do one for rogues. (NOTE: I do NOT claim to know everything, and if you have suggestions to make my information better, PLEASE leave me your input! Razz)
    ------------------
    This is my PvE spec. (NOTE: Envenom is Key in this spec, so Deadly poisons is a must!)
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/rogue/talents.html?tal=00532300535010052010330135100500500300000000000000000005020000000000000000000000000
    Pretty straight forward spec, simple to understand. Although I HAVE been considering doing a more combat based spec, seeing how its being/has been buffed, but for now I'm sticking with this.
    ------------------
    And THIS is my PvP spec. I have a blast with this spec. (NOTE: I use WOUND poison instead of Deadly, obviously, since I use "Eviscerate," rather than "Envenom.)
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/rogue/talents.html?tal=30530310500213052210130100000500000000000000000000000005320232030002120000000000000
    ------------------
    If you have any questions, comments, or concerns PLEASE leave a reply. I'm always trying to get better!
    Rootbeer
    Rootbeer
    Admin

Rogue Class Empty Re: Rogue Class

Post  Rootbeer February 23rd 2009, 11:17 pm

You beat me too it. So how about gems/enchants/rotation?

I can help you with all those if you want Smile as i loved my rogue in BC
    Dxh
    Dxh

Post  Dxh February 24th 2009, 6:16 am

I am obviously not the best. or anywhere close to it...but I do know stuff about rogues. :]
    I'm your Combat specced queen for those ups and downs. Rootbeer is just a has-been!! :] ♥
    Gholgolroth
    Gholgolroth

Rogue Class Empty My Rogue Enchants, Gems, and Rotation. Per Rootbeer's wise request!

Post  Gholgolroth February 24th 2009, 7:10 am

Okay, well, for starters, this is my Armory page so you can marvel in my sweet loots.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nazjatar&n=Gholgolroth
    ~(NOTE: Please ignore my SHITTY SHITTY SHITTY arena ranking. I did like...3 matches right when I hit LVL 80 on a buddy of mine's teams, and he SWITCHED, and I got stuck with that shitty ass rating/team of his...)
    ----------------
    Second, if u are LAZY and dont wanna go there, my gems are:

-Relentless Earthsiege Diamond~+21 Agility, 3% crit

-Bright Scarlet Ruby~+32 Attack Power

-Stark Monarch Topaz~+16 Attack Power, +18 Haste Rating

-Perfect Balanced Shadow Crystal~+14 Attack Power, +11 Stamina

-Glinting Monarch Topaz~+8 Agility, +8 Hit Rating

-Balanced Twilight Opal~ +16 Attack Power, +12 Stamina

_____________________________________________________________________________
    |Bracer Enchant is +114 Attack Power from Leatherworking

|-Cloak Enchant~+22 Agility
    |-Shoulder Enchant~+40 Attack Power, +15 Resilience Rating from Wintergrasp
    |-Head Enchant~+50 Attack Power, +20 Critical Strike Rating
    |~~~~~~~~(I need more enchants..lol)~~~~~~~~

|______________________________________________________________________________________________________

----------------
    And my rotation is:
    (PvE)
    --(Stealth) Garrote, Slice and Dice(SnD), Mutilate(Mut) Mut, Rupture(R) Mut, Mut,(If I use Cold Blood(CB), I'll use it here usually), Envenom(Env)
    OR
    --(Stealth)Tricks of the Trade(ToT) on Tank, CB, Ambush(Amb), Slice and Dice(SnD), Mutilate(Mut) Mut, Rupture(R) Mut, Mut,(If I use Cold Blood(CB), I'll use it here usually), Envenom(Env)
    ~(NOTE: I use Hunger for Blood[HoB] and always try to keep it at +9% damage increase. I find that if I click on it after one to two Env's, depending on energy/time left on the buff.)

(PvP)
    ~(NOTE:PvP is everchanging. No two battles will ever be the same, even against people of the same class. Therefore, while I am sharing my "PvP rotation," there is still a lot of quick thinking and improvisation that goes into the art of Pwning Newbs!)
    --(Stealth)Cheap Shot(CS), Mut, Mut, Kidney Shot(KS), Mut, SnD, Mut, Mut, Eviscerate(Evisc)

Abilities to keep in mind in PvP:
    ~Dismantle against hard hitters and Hunters. Dismantle removes hunters LONG RANGE weapon, as well as short, so bad hunters will Disengage, without realizing they cant continue to attack! AND this will make u recieve a FRACTION of the normal damage from a Whirlwind(Also helpful in PvE!!!)
    ~Deadly Throw will almost garauntee you can catch up to a mage after Blink. IF you dont get confused and run the wrong way! Razz
    ~Preperation resets Cooldowns on most of your abilities. Great for dealing a lot of damage quickly(Double Cold Blood), or running away(Double Evasion and Sprint, Cloak of Shadows, AND Vanish!)

I Wrote this page so that a person who has never SEEN a rogue before, has a good general idea of what things do, and how. Things may seem a bit OVER explained, but I figure it should resolve quite a few questions before they are needed to be asked!(Also I can be a LITTLE bit OCD sometimes, and I like things that people are going to see to look extra nice!Very Happy

Again, I am ALWAYS trying to better myself. Any input/feedback would be GREATLY appreciated! Lemme no if u like it, hate it, dont think it would work, or if I'm just a retard!

Also, I KNOW I would like to get Mongoose and Berserking Enchants for sure. Unsure as to what else to get. Can any1 make those? That would be INSTANT best friend mode! Very Happy
    Rootbeer
    Rootbeer
    Admin

Post  Rootbeer February 25th 2009, 9:16 am

-Relentless Earthsiege Diamond~+21 Agility, 3% crit

-Delicate Scarlet Ruby, + 16 agility

-Glinting Monarch Topaz~+8 Agility, +8 Hit Rating

-Balanced Twilight Opal~ +16 Attack Power, +12 Stamina

-Shifting Twilight Opal, 8 Agility, 12 Stamina

With your gems, these are the main ones you should be using. Haste for a Mutilate rogue is definitely something you're not going to want to have as you should be stacking more important stats like agility. I would say with being Mutilate since your hit cap is going to be lower than a sword/ sword rogue, just stack agility. ONLY use the blue and green gems to fill the meta requirement otherwise you will suffer a dps loss

[/b][/color][/font]_____________________________________________________________________________
    |Bracer Enchant is +114 Attack Power from Leatherworking[/size]
    |-Cloak Enchant~+22 Agility
    |-Shoulder Enchant~+40 Attack Power, +15 Resilience Rating from Wintergrasp
    |-Head Enchant~+50 Attack Power, +20 Critical Strike Rating
    |~~~~~~~~(I need more enchants..lol)~~~~~~~~

|______________________________________________________________________________________________________[size=12][b][font=Trebuchet MS]

[color=green]----------------

With your enchants you can go a few different routes with them but the big ones are going to be...

-+10 stats to chest
    -20 hit rating or 15 expertise to gloves
    -Icescale leg armor patch (This is BEYOND important and we can help you out with the mats)
    -Attack power to bracers
    -Icewalker to boots
    -Eternium belt buckle
    -Berserking for your MH weapon
    -Mongoose for your OH weapon

I like your rotation, you need to show me that Mutilate is a raid worthy spec Very Happy and if you can do that I'll definitely let you stay that spec for raiding. BUT you need to show me because I know what sword/ sword is capable of and I'm still pretty skeptical on Mutilate.
    Dxh
    Dxh

Post  Dxh February 26th 2009, 4:59 pm

Yep!
    Stupid Gholgolroth! Mut sucks!! Hahaha! Smile jk buddy
    My shot rotation for PvE:
    Stealth walk to the boss(don't sprint most of the time if you might need it later), Garrote, Feint(Burst damage right away can get you Aggro), SS(3 points), SnD(Rule#1: keep this up please), Tricks of the Trade on the Mob's current target(After SnD your DPS goes way up), SS(5 combo points), Rupture, SS(3 because SnD might be on about 3 seconds around now). rinse wipe n do it again.
    Important things I do: If you have a Warrior tanking do NOT use Expose armor. If you have a Paladin, Death Knight, or a Druid. use Expose Armor if you have extra Combo points.
    They use Sunder and Expose + Sunder = Doesn't stack.
    When Tricks of the Trade's cooldown is done. use it :]
    if your Snd is above 15-20 seconds and Rupture was just hit use...
    3 points Eviscerate. Expose Armor. well that's not all of what I do.
    using your cooldowns can change my rotation, too.
    not too much but yep...
    and my enchants are...
    Helm - +50 AP +20 Crit (Revered with Knights of the Ebon Blade)

Shoulder - +30 AP +10 Crit (There's better with The Sons of Hodir get Exalted I got the Honored enchant)

Cloak - +22 Agility

Chest - +10 to stats(8 if you're cheap. but you can't be if you wanna output ALL DPS)

Wrist/Bracers - +114 AP (LW Only)I think its 44 with an enchanter but I don't remember.

Gloves - +20 Agility (+15 hit rating or 10 I think if you're low on hit GHOL)

Waist/Belt - Add 1 gem to your belt. ask a BS(+16 agi should be preferred too)

Leggings - I believe its the Frosthide or w/e. I can make em Pst me in game if you need it
    but it gives +75 AP and +22 Critical Strike rating. (expensive though)

Boots - any DPS would pick Icewalker. +crit and +hit. I forgot how much though lol

MH Weapon - Berserk (its the sex)

OH Weapon - Mongoose

Too much writing!! >:OOO NERD RAGEEE!!!
    Rootbeer
    Rootbeer
    Admin

Post  Rootbeer February 27th 2009, 12:54 am

Ah yeah the 20 agility enchant to gloves, I always seem to forget that.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 10th 2024, 12:36 am