We Raid Naked

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to We Raid Naked forums!

+3
Dg
Dameon
Barlow
7 posters

Barlow, Hunter

Barlow

Barlow, Hunter Empty Barlow, Hunter

Post  Barlow May 11th 2009, 3:57 pm

Character Name/ armory link: Barlow http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nazjatar&n=Barlow
    Real Life Age (17+): 22
    Class: Hunter
    Character Spec: Pure Raiding Marksmanship
    Profession/Skill Level: Skinning/Leatherworking, 450

Are you able to meet our raid times? I play as close to 24/7 as humanly possible, so yes.

What is your raiding experience? I've been a raider since Vanilla Wow. Havn't gotten to do much in Ulduar yet, but everything else in Wrath I have.

What are your past guilds and why did you leave? (please note if you are in ANY current guild) Hostility and then Resolve. Both disbanded because of poor attendance or other issues.

Do you feel you can bring anything unique to the guild?
    Well where to start? I am the most dedicated raider there is, I never miss a raid, never leave early, except in the case of extreme emergency, I play 18 hours or so a day. Raiding is my biggest passion, I want to do all there is to do, beat every single boss, so on and so forth, and I am extremely driven in pursuit of my goals. I'm also a huge achievement whore, Rep whore, and budding Arena whore... Basically what I'm trying to tell you is I'm loose and easy. I'm loyal, determined, and driven, I'm a great DPS, a great raider, and a great player. And I cook. Ask Beautywinch, we exchange recipes.

Do you have a good grasp of your class? Have you read forums and done the research to ensure you play at the highest level? Yep, always want to be on top of my game, the spec I use now was created after about an hour and a half of hunterchat one evening with Illiana and his wife Smile I use EJ forums as well. I've been a hunter for over 4 years now, I know my class as well as I know most anything.

Do you use addons to help maximize your healing / dps? If so, which ones? No. It is my experience and fervent belief that playing without them makes me a far better, sharper player. It aids my awareness of my threat, my damage, my rotation, the boss's health and mechanics, to play without, and to be conscious of those variables without a crutch.

Will you be able to maintain a MINIMUM of 70% raid attendance ? Absolutely, positively splendiferously so. I havn't missed a raid since my grandfather had a stroke. Actually I didn't miss it, I just postponed it an hour...

Will you come prepared to raids with appropiate consumables (food, flask etc)? Yes, food definitely, flasks, as soon as I find a provider I could purchase from weekly.

Are you familiar with the content we will be raiding? Knowledge of Naxx, the dragon encounters also Uldar? All of Naxx, the dragons, I've read up on Ulduar but only fought Flame Leviathan and Razorscale so far, but I learn very quickly and have read up on the boss mechanics.

Do you ever have latency issues, or do you suffer from disconnects regularly? Nope. I do have nastily slow load screens when I get summoned, but other than that I run smoothly.

Do you ever suffer from unstable framerates that cause you to freeze or run in place? Only when I hearth to Lagaran.

Are you applying for any other guilds? Not currently.

Who do you know in We Raid Naked? Several people, most of the ex-Jenova's from BC, Beautywinch, a few others I'm sure.

Do you have Ventrillo and a Mic? Yeah, though undoubtedly some folks on Nazjatar wish I didn't Smile

Anything else you care to mention (Optional but encouraged)? Well, I'm very sociable, intelligent, talkative (and by extension, to some people, annoying), outgoing, and hardworking. I have aout a billion and a half Wow goals, so I'm always working to get something done. You won't find a raider who is more determined and loyal than me. Also, I believe that raid achievements are very crucial for progression, not just because I'm an achievement whore, but because they set challenges and mechanics that build in the precision, control, and raid-wide competency that true progression raiding requires, so I'm always a supporter of those, even of easy ones that take nothing more than focus and coordination, because too much of modern raiding is unfocused buttonmashing, which just isn't going to be enough to kill Algalon or Arthas. The skills, coordination, and leadership that enable a guild to do "And They All Go Down Together" in Naxxramas, for example, is the base for conquering Ulduar, and succeeding on Hard Mode there. Such is my philosophy, anyway. Basically, I'm a nice guy, with a real passion for Wow and for raiding, and I want a stable, dedicated guild to stick with and earn my keep from now until level 120. Or when I die. Whichever. Smile
    Dameon
    Dameon

Barlow, Hunter Empty Re: Barlow, Hunter

Post  Dameon May 11th 2009, 7:20 pm

The simple fact of the matter is that we need peeps. We need competent peeps.

Peeps that will NOT:
    Stand in the shit
    QQ and go emo about loot
    Flex their epeen about dps/healing meters

Peeps that WILL:
    Read boss strats
    Listen to the raid leaders
    Perform to the top of their ability
    Theorycraft
    Be passionate about their class
    Show up consistently to raids

I personally don't have a problem with you joining because I know you're a good player and a good dps, and that's what we need right now. Up to the officers ultimately but that's my 2 cents.
    Dg

Post  Dg May 11th 2009, 9:46 pm

Barlow. . . .Hi. . .Remember me?

Deathgazer, Serena, Girgol. . . .

Umm. . . . Imma help make this clear for you. . . .

NO!!!!!
    Nathras

Post  Nathras May 11th 2009, 10:05 pm

to bad dg its not up to you
    Dg

Post  Dg May 11th 2009, 10:27 pm

awwww
    Rootbeer
    Rootbeer
    Admin

Post  Rootbeer May 12th 2009, 8:56 am

Barlow...Oh Barlow

I'd cry all the way to Disney World if I still played WoW and you joined.
    Revrand
    Revrand

Post  Revrand May 12th 2009, 12:15 pm

Barlow, thank you for applying, Currently we are not recruiting any more members for our raids. There is always a possibility that you could attend raids.

I'm not to sure on hunters on spec wise or anything for that matter.

I'd like to get john or mord to take a look at your spec and gear wise and have them put in some input before I give you my verdict.

Cheers
    Dg

Post  Dg May 12th 2009, 1:32 pm

RoFL

Rootbeer wrote:Barlow...Oh Barlow

I'd cry all the way to Disney World if I still played WoW and you joined.
    zabula923
    zabula923

Post  zabula923 May 12th 2009, 4:36 pm

basically all of you need to keep your mouth shut about app's when it comes to negitive stuff that doesnt need to be said like this. if you arent an officer you dont need to talk on here. to put this simple we have many problems and there is no problem with inviting barlow, we need people to sit down, shut up, listen to there officers, and do the f-ing job. simple.

talk to me in game i'll invite you, and start the work

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content