We Raid Naked

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to We Raid Naked forums!

The Application of Shame (ALL APPLICANTS PLEASE READ)

Dameon
    Dameon

The Application of Shame  (ALL APPLICANTS PLEASE READ) Empty The Application of Shame (ALL APPLICANTS PLEASE READ)

Post  Dameon April 6th 2009, 5:52 pm

This is what we call an Application of Shame. This is an extreme example of a bad application, but we get some apps that come close to this. Our requirements for joining our guild are clearly stated in the Code of Conduct and we expect every applicant to be aware of them.
    In other words, if you haven't read the Code of Conduct, stop right here and please go read it.
    The purpose of this is to give applicants tips on what NOT to do, and the level of professionalism that we expect.

Character Name/ armory link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nazjatar&n=Xidar
    This is the first impression that we will have of you, and many of our guild members will not even read the rest of your application, (Class Leaders and the Guild Master will of course, read the entire thing.) If we see you in PvP gear, we will assume that you do not have any other gear.

Real Life Age (17+): 19

Class: mage

Character Spec: frost
    Know your class. Know what gems and enchants you need, and know your spec. This is a sure sign of someone who doesn't know what the hell they are doing.

Profession/Skill Level: herb n alch
    A sign of laziness and inexperience comes off in your professions. Levelling professions is easy now, and there’s no reason why your professions shouldn’t be almost maxed out. (430-450 range)

Are you able to meet our raid times? yes

What is your raiding experience? never been in a guild i just hit 80 a few days ago

What are your past guilds and why did you leave? (please note if you are in ANY current guild) never been in a guild before but i heard you guys need mages though
    If you’re new to WoW, this may not be the guild for you. We do not carry dead weight in raids, and we expect you to know the raiding scene.

Do you feel you can bring anything unique to the guild? Dps
    Do not give one or two word answers unless you really can’t think of anything else to say. Short answers are another sign of laziness.

Do you have a good grasp of your class? Have you read forums and done the research to ensure you play at the highest level? i know about my class and i can tell u guys about mages if u ask me nicely
    Don’t come off as a cocky know-it-all. Even if you can back up your gloating, primadonnas and egomaniacs are not welcome in our guild.

Do you use addons to help maximize your healing / dps? If so, which ones? i don’t like addons so no
    We require addons for raiding. Why? Because they make raiding easier and more convenient. If you are not willing to download and learn a how to use a few mods, then how are we supposed to believe that you will follow more complicated raid instructions?

Will you be able to maintain a MINIMUM of 70% raid attendance? yes

Will you come prepared to raids with appropiate consumables (food, flask etc)?
    i dont use consumables they cost to much maybe u can give them to me???
    We expect that you come to raids prepared. We do not “give” anything away. You are expected to make arrangements on your own time to be ready for raids.

Are you familiar with the content we will be raiding? Knowledge of Naxx, the dragon encounters (Malygos and Sartharion)? Ive never raided before
    There’s no excuse for not knowing the current level of raiding content. All raids are pug-able, even on our low-population, healer-starved server.

Do you ever have latency issues, or do you suffer from disconnects regularly? No

Do you ever suffer from unstable framerates that cause you to freeze or run in place? i have a good framerate xcept when im in dalaran
    We’re looking for numbers for these two questions. We don't care how smooth or choppy your frames are in Dalaran, because we're not going to be raiding there. What does your framerate look like when 24 other people are casting spells and attacking a boss? That's what we want to know.

Are you applying for any other guilds? no

Who do you know in We Raid Naked? no
    If you know someone in our guild, make sure that you list them. However, this is not a guarantee that you will raid with us, let alone that you will get an invite to the guild.

Do you have Ventrillo and a Mic? whats vent
    If you don't know the answers to the questions we ask, then go find out the answers before applying.

Anything else you care to mention (Optional but encouraged)? no
    This question is to find out what kind of person you are. We need your personality to fit with the guild as much as we need your class to. If you don’t answer this question you are basically telling us you are either extremely introverted or you have no personality. In either case, we really don’t want you in the guild.

Wonder why we want to know about your personality? It’s called SYNERGY. The best guilds in the world have been raiding together for so long, they’re able to anticipate each other’s actions and work seamlessly as a team. And while we do not have such lofty goals, we need to know what you’re going to do in those “oh-shit” moments.

Lastly, be aware of how you present yourself to the guild. Mispellings, bad grammar, and stupid answers are things that will make you look bad. Consider this: Your application is the first impression that we have of you. If you come off as an incoherent babbling monkey, we will assume that you are. With all that being said…

Welcome to We Raid Naked.

Current date/time is April 28th 2024, 3:09 am