We Raid Naked

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to We Raid Naked forums!

5 posters

Sartharion 3 Drakes

Dxh
    Dxh

Sartharion 3 Drakes Empty Sartharion 3 Drakes

Post  Dxh March 25th 2009, 10:16 am

Wanna give that bad boy a shot? :p
    We have the DPS for it. without trying the first drake went down incredibly fast.
    I believe it should be fun.

Why not? an Imo.
    Revrand
    Revrand

Sartharion 3 Drakes Empty Re: Sartharion 3 Drakes

Post  Revrand March 25th 2009, 11:09 am

We have a group that is going to be trying to do it tonight. Hoping for the best.
    Dxh
    Dxh

Post  Dxh March 25th 2009, 11:44 am

Can I come along?
    Rootbeer
    Rootbeer
    Admin

Post  Rootbeer March 25th 2009, 11:49 am

The only thing about the 3 drake groups is that it either has to be all CASTER or all MELEE, otherwise you won't be able to get them down.
    Dxh
    Dxh

Post  Dxh March 25th 2009, 12:05 pm

Hm...Idk. I have to look it up a lot.
    Revrand
    Revrand

Post  Revrand March 25th 2009, 2:44 pm

Dxh I'd love to bring you if you could do about 2k more DPS Sad
    Dxh
    Dxh

Post  Dxh March 26th 2009, 1:29 am

But I can do 1,600 DPS. :[[[ i r pro.
    Revrand
    Revrand

Post  Revrand March 26th 2009, 10:01 am

Well I tried to get it running last night and it kinda failed. the people I needed to do it, didnt get on =\

So We are going to do it on sunday night around 5PM ST. The people know who they are that are going.

Please be there.

Also My Naxx group tonight is running the 8 man group. I havent made a for sure list for it, please be on for it. Death is already taking it. I just don't know who my healers are yet.

We are going for the 8 man acheivments and undying.
    Zancanx

Post  Zancanx March 26th 2009, 5:48 pm

soo.. i guess i dont get to do a 10 man naxx huh. damn.
    Visara
    Visara

Post  Visara April 8th 2009, 1:43 am

So how did the 3 drakes sarth go, Rev? Update me as i am still in chicago computerless (laptop though). You know how i was really gung ho about setting up the group prior to my mini vacation from WoW. Even if im not there, id love to see you guys sporting titles and even drakes. Fear not though, maybe if you still need me, ill be back exactly on tuesday night pst! Otherwise, put this guy on pharm status already cheers
    Revrand
    Revrand

Post  Revrand April 8th 2009, 9:34 am

diablo 2 happened >.<
    Visara
    Visara

Post  Visara April 8th 2009, 9:41 am

Man what is up with this attempt not being able to happen. Nascent was able to do it 4 weeks into forming. @_@

Our main problem is to just get DEDICATED people on. Fight aint bad at all.

1. burn first drake to hell
    2. kill whelp adds
    3. work on second drake
    3b. some guilds (nascent included) now goes into portals to kill acolytes
    4. kill second drake
    5. get into portal, kill acolyte, finish off third drake
    6. Sarth
    Revrand
    Revrand

Post  Revrand April 8th 2009, 9:50 am

We know its not that hard or that bad for the matter the problem is being able to get people on at a resonable time to be able to put some attempts in on it. I know we can do it. but we have a conflict of schedule for people to do it.

Most of us have a life and aren't able to play all day and a lot of us are just getting totally sick of the game.

So please don't compare us to nascent. In no way shape or form are we like them.
    Visara
    Visara

Post  Visara April 8th 2009, 10:02 am

Im not trying to be offensive through comparison Rev. It wasnt my intent and i apologize if you were offended by my poor miscomunication.

In terms of the attempt, im damn sure we can do it. We were onto the second drake at about 50% on our best attempt on the SECOND day of trying...so that right there saids that we could have easily accomplished it if we had more time.

"Most of us have a life and aren't able to play all day and a lot of us are just getting totally sick of the game."

Totally understandable. Speaking for myself though, when i see potential and a general consensus among people to push for harder content, i go for it. Please dont take this the wrong way
    Revrand
    Revrand

Post  Revrand April 8th 2009, 10:34 am

It's all good the main problem I have is I really have hard feelings for nascent. for some reason everyone likes to try and compared them self’s to them.

I'm going to break down why in every way shape or form I do not want to be like nascent. because most people in the guild haven’t actually experienced it. I will also go into a little detail of my past experiences with raiding hard core.

Ok first I'll start from the beginning. I started on the server spine breaker when I was oh 17~18. I was a terrible player and started to understand my class a little I had no clue what EJ forums were. and never did any kind of research on my class. I started as a DPS warrior, the character known as Kneght, Which everyone knows as Saxil plays.

Like I said I was a DPS warrior, I was pretty bad doing Molten Core, I was in Blues but I did decent damage. Our guild wasn’t to good at pushing through content, while I was DPS we would stop after doing a few attempts on Barron (the big fire guy for you special people). But one night we had a binding drop, once again for the special people that’s part of making the sword thunder fury. Now we gave it to the main tank, which I thought at the time was a great person.

The next day he leaves the guild and starts a lot of drama, along with him he took our main off tank. (A little bit of information was that then you had to have at least 3 to 5 tanks in the raid for a 40 man raid). So we were left without a tank, so I decided to take up the task of getting myself well enough geared to be able to tank for the guild. At the time I didn’t even have a fucking shield let alone a tanking set. So in a week, I had a tank set well enough to be able to tank the fights in MC.

So the next weekend we were back in MC and taking down shit. everyone was a little surprised that we were able to hold it together and keep downing the shit we had been for months.

Well the old MT (main tank) wasn’t to happy that I was able to take up where he left off in crapper gear and able to do his job a better than him. (I used to get harassed all the time by these two people, they'd spit on me and all kinds of shit, I thought it was pretty cute)

So the next weekend we got barron down, farther than we had been able to get than we had ever been before, and the other binding drops. The half that the other MT needed to be able to put together the thunder fury. They gave it to me. to make a even longer story shorter, the other binding dropped 6 months later.

On top of that I ended up being promoted to an officer, al though the guild was like a council, but I ended up running the guild because none of the other officers wanted to really take that role. So I was the good guy, the bad guy, and raid leader.

In all ends I did a lot of work, I got us to the point that we cleared MC (Molten Core) in one night, along with killing Rag. When we attempted to do BWL it killed the guild. At that point I said I would never be a guild leader again or run raids.

So Yes I did get the thunder fury made, you can see it on Saxil, he loves to show it off all the time.

-----------------

So now moving on to BC, before BC came up they had free transfers to nazjatar. and after talking to some of my real life buddies we decided to transfer over, cause a lot of people didn’t like me on spine breaker. Like I said I had to play the bad guy role as well. Didn’t go over to well when looking for a new guild.

So I got into a small guild in BC and we did karazhan, and had a blast, I was a fury warrior with to much agro that died a lot. Still had fun with it.

But we needed a healer really bad, so I got my druid to 70 aka Saxil. wasn’t the original name I had, that’s his retarded name.

So yeah I rolled as resto. We ended up joining a guild called Jet Pack Ninja Dinosaurs. Which was a lot of fun, but a very elitist guild. They were better than nascent at one point and time. but ended up transferring off. I did as well. The funny thing is I tell everyone this that is thinking of transferring off. now in one way shape or form, you will end up back on nazjatar. everyone comes back. I know this from experience. I went over to a server called stormrage. and lost interest in it. and quit playing for a bit.

For a while I was the best resto druid on that server along with nazjatar, gear and skill.

When I started playing again, thanks to Saxil, He asked me "hey you want to trade accounts?" I was like seriously? he had just farmed up his epic flyer a few months ago and I was way to damn lazy to be bothered to do that.

I said yeah, he had a the 70 lock and like 65 paladin, the original name for the lock was ryushio, which I renamed Revrand, and I don't remember the name of the paladin but I renamed that to Teknical as well. (Imo he got the shaft if you ask me, but he was ok with that for some reason)

Soon after that we ended up in Jenova. and most of you know the story after that point.

--------------------

So basically what I'm trying to say, is It's not fun to try and be the best in the world if your not having fun.. Its not worth the pain. If I wanted to be in the best guild I would have transferred off by now.

I play with my friends, and I would rather quit playing the game rather than be in a better guild.

-------

Wall of text crits you for over nine thousand!
    Visara
    Visara

Post  Visara April 8th 2009, 10:51 am

1. Oh snap you were apart of Jet Pack Ninja Dinosaurs? They were purdy good if you ask me. Where did they all go? I saw em all over the place when I was leveing up on Naz.

...and Teknical...isnt that a hunter in <Them>? I swear to god theres someone with that name in it

2. So thats where Kneght got his thunderfury...that shit still is looks the best second only to the warglaives...grats with that man.

3. I sincerely want to thank you for sharing your experience. My prior experience pales in comparison to what you've been through, but I can sort of understand where you are coming from. I was in a RL group of friends called <Death Awaits>. We werent nearly as crazy compared to JPND but we werent shit either. A lotta them either quit the game cuz they were burnt out from trying to raid seriously or said the game was too easy.

4. I see the same problems happening in this guild in regards to putting all the responsibility onto one person (Zab or Rootbeer or something) and then getting them all stressed out. IMO it shouldnt be this way. Should be like, a triumvirate or a ruling group of people to figure shit out. I wanna say let everyone have a say, but that shit gets too chaotic cuz you get people having no idea wtf they are talking about chime in on shit they have no understanding of. As of such, i think its really unfair to just leave all the responsibility on a few people and so i wanna try to make people more accountable for where we go....if that makes sense. Its a give and take situation..cant just keep taking from the GMs/officers and expect all this shit when you give nothing in return...
    Revrand
    Revrand

Post  Revrand April 8th 2009, 11:00 am

There was a hunter with the name teknikal but I've been using the name teknical for a very long time now. I even have it on the back of my motorcycle helmet for instance.

I'm not very proud of the thunderfury to be honest, I hate it. It took me about 9 months to craft the sword and now its worth nothing.

I knew a few guys from them, we had one guy join JND, from them.. for the life of me I can remember the name he used to use. he was a female warrior, his new name was centerfold on the server we transfered to.

I don't know were most of the guys went to, most quit and such. they were a lot of fun but when they left nazjatar it killed the fun.
    Visara
    Visara

Post  Visara April 8th 2009, 11:13 am

Female warrior? Only female warrior i know is...me alien

Other warrior was fafhrd, who was a troll warrior.

Some new bloods joined later on but i forgot who they were so whatevers, no big deal.

My friends keep telling me to leave Naz but something about this crappy server that makes me smile when i log on. Maybe its just the names that you hear of the guilds that have come and gone. Yea dude, you sound freakin burnt from the MC days...I run it with few random nights and i gotta say that shit looked helllllllllla boring. Trash mobs up the ass that all do relatively the same shit. How the hell can old wOw players endure that crap
    Revrand
    Revrand

Post  Revrand April 8th 2009, 11:21 am

nothing better to do. I think his name was tender or something like that.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 18th 2024, 6:50 pm