We Raid Naked

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to We Raid Naked forums!

+2
Deathtrip
Takahashi
6 posters

Death Knight

Takahashi
    Takahashi

Death Knight Empty Death Knight

Post  Takahashi February 25th 2009, 8:38 pm

Yeah...so the upcoming patch is gonna screw us up again like the last patch in my opinion.

This is gonna be the forum where we discuss possible DPS and Tanking specs...and the gems/enchants you would probably need to achieve the best possible spec, etc.

I heard Steve (Dushinto) saying that when the patch comes out Obliterate is not gonna be needed any more...and we would probably have to go 51 into Blood 0 into Frost and 20 into Unholy. Now I for one, have no problem with this because, when I look at my DPS meter, My obliterate is not even on of my 4 highest damage ability. My melee comes first, than Heart Strike, than Death Coil.

Give me your opinions fellow DK's!
    Deathtrip
    Deathtrip

Death Knight Empty Re: Death Knight

Post  Deathtrip February 27th 2009, 10:53 pm

As is now on PTR, 51/13/7 is still top for blood dps. Frost is getting raped in the ass, just because they want to nerf dual-wield dps, but blood will be fine. I'll post my tank spec that I use in a bit, but I'll probably be changing it come 3.1.
    Takahashi
    Takahashi

Post  Takahashi March 1st 2009, 4:05 am

o rly?

I gotta check up on that than...
    hmm i tried blood spec in the test relm...and I love it!!! almost did a 7000 Heart Strike crit with almost everyone of my procs. i haven't been able to do that on the real realms about like ~5.2k on real O.o with raid buffs.

Obliterate still sucks... does way less damage than Heart Strike...eh still gotta include it on my rotations thou, and because of the +30 runic power in the frost tree, the Runic weapon can stay up to a max of 20 seconds.

This is my rotation btw. I still use mouse clicks >.< since I use a labtop

IT > PS > HS > HS > OBLIT > DEATH COIL x2 > HS > HS

than,

IT > PS > HS > HS >HS >HS > OBLIT > RUNE DUMP Shocked

Last edited by Takahashi on March 16th 2009, 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Takahashi
    Takahashi

Post  Takahashi March 1st 2009, 5:18 am

For some odd reason all the Death Knights I have seen in the PTR are all Frost DPS...

Still gay how they took out the +5 expertise rating off of Blood Gorged... Now my expertise went down from 22 to 17 Neutral

I'm gonna go cry now No
    Deathtrip
    Deathtrip

Post  Deathtrip March 5th 2009, 2:23 pm

So, got around to it now, here's the tank spec I use: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=j0EMZGxxthebRho0ost0g

As for Blood Gorged, good change really, blood had too much expertise from talents so with your best in slot gear, you'd end up over capped and it would be wasted. Seeing as how a large majority of blood's damage is physical, 10% armor pen is quite nice.
    Takahashi
    Takahashi

Post  Takahashi March 12th 2009, 3:19 pm

Man why is it only you and me posting on the Death Knight post...I mean I know there are - WAY MORE - Death Knights than this .
    Rootbeer
    Rootbeer
    Admin

Post  Rootbeer March 12th 2009, 10:55 pm

I agree, this thread lacks DK's
    Takahashi
    Takahashi

Death Knight Empty New talent spec - May change

Post  Takahashi March 23rd 2009, 1:49 pm

Hey Jason what do you think of this spec (if it stays the same) when 3.1 comes out....

Blood (diseasless) spec:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deathknight=23050215300033132012231013510000000000000000000000000000230200305003100000000000000000&glyph=062703050601&version=9704

I have to see if Glyph of DS or Glyph of BS is better, at the moment the glyph for BS also increases the damage for HS.
    Deathtrip
    Deathtrip

Post  Deathtrip March 23rd 2009, 10:46 pm

As you took Epidemic it doesn't really look like a diseaseless spec to me, but you shouldn't really try for diseaseless anyways come 3.1 as so much of the bonus damage from strikes relies on have diseases running. I don't really like Vamp Blood in a dps spec, and improved Blood Presence seems pretty lackluster. As much as it's nothing huge, at least Bloodworms are a dps increase, whereas those two are not, so I'd suggest switching those three points over to there as it seems you need those to move down the tree.
    crunchem
    crunchem

Death Knight Empty whats comming

Post  crunchem March 24th 2009, 9:50 am

well seems to me they are taking the dps from frost cause 2k and better tanks are a target for crybabies.the other thing is remember blood is a single target dps spec where as unholy is more aoe disease based spec. i see improvements in some areas but nerfs in others. yes its gona change the rotations a bit but hey we should be used to it by now. the whole armor pen thing is a last stat to worry about for dks, but the 30% buff we r gona get might make u rethink things. in my opinion, exp is not really a must for dps dks as where being melee we attack from sides or behind, they cant block or perry from behind only dodge so hit becomes more important.the most important is strength because everything is strength based, diseases and all gets spell power from it.crit is the next one to think on, you want a gigh crit rating and everyone can guess why. i dont know everything about dks nor claim too, as i am an odd ball and went unholy,lol but i think u should go with what works for u the best and easiest cause you will be pulling out dps if geared right. dks are extreme gear dependant.if going dps then self healing doesnt do damage, self defense doesnt do damage, yea it might make healers jobs easier but we dont want them getting bored. i myself see more good things comming than bad. the aruas thing for example. automatic 30% buff to arm penatration.diseases lasting 15 sec without speccing to it. free death coil when it procs it fires instead of hitting a button so u dont need to worry about moving a finger.more to come
    Doomocracy

Post  Doomocracy March 25th 2009, 12:17 am

I'm not sure that glyph of blood strike is worth taking atm, as it doesn't seem to work with the same debuffs as torment the weak. There are very few movement impairing debuffs that actually work in raids, so in most cases you probably wont end up receiving any benefit from the glyph. As for blood specs, I'm prolly gonna end up using this.

There are people taking 2 points from unholy for rp mastery, but with the recent nerf to rune weapon (5 second base duration + 1 sec per 10rp, only 50% dmg), it seems like a waste.
    Takahashi
    Takahashi

Death Knight Empty For Luni''s Mom

Post  Takahashi April 26th 2009, 1:59 am

Here's my talent spec with my current glyphs:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jfVMqI0Icbof0sxZfMhhxc:LGhVMm

And the rotation I use is:

Legend:
    Icy Touch(IT) Death Strike (DS)
    Plague Strike(PS) Death Coil (DC)
    Heart Strike(HS)

IT --> PS --> HS --> HS --> DS --> DC (sometimes you'll only pull off one or two) --> DS --> HS --> HS --> HS --> HS --> DC (if you HAVE to wait for your runes)

Something to consider with this spec is that Crunchem has stated that he is using Unholy Presence instead of Blood Presence, and that he is pulling off more DPS in that spec...Now I haven't tested this out yet, because I'm on my rogue, but you can still try it on your DK and see for you self.

I hope this helps you get higher DPS
    Very Happy

Last edited by Takahashi on May 12th 2009, 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    dethmarch
    dethmarch

Post  dethmarch May 12th 2009, 4:51 am

Hmmm...since im prolly the only frost DPS raiding, and i cant quite get to next level. i thought id throw my info up here and see if anyone has any thoughts. Very Happy talents are 14/54/3 and my rotation is IT--PS--BS--BS--FS-HB then spam FS till im outta runic power pop blood tap and start over. its alittle different on mobs and trash cuz i have AOE's. thats basically it. my FS hits hard as hell, it'll crit with rime proced for upto 10k. i think im not stacking enough strength, and thats keeping me from the 3k+ average. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Nazjatar&cn=Dethmarch&gn=We+Raid+Naked any thoughts??
    Doomocracy

Post  Doomocracy May 12th 2009, 9:11 pm

You probably wanna use a build closer to this.

I'm not sure why you took blade barrier in a DPS build, as that is a pure tanking talent, but not unbreakable armor, which increases strength by 25% when it's up. As for glyphs, I'm not an expert on frost dps, but the ones I chose in that talent build made the most sense to me.
    dethmarch
    dethmarch

Post  dethmarch May 13th 2009, 2:59 pm

i set my build up the way you pointed doom...havent got to try it out yet. hope it helps out. so what glyphs did you use on this build???

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 18th 2024, 9:17 pm