We Raid Naked

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to We Raid Naked forums!

2 posters

Warlock Class

Revrand
    Revrand

Warlock Class Empty Warlock Class

Post  Revrand February 24th 2009, 10:44 am

Figured I'd do this because I know Jake probably will forget any ways.

Ok, for raiding pve if you want to do a lot of damage for affliction... which makes no damn sense.. But until they fix destro (pray 3.1) Affliction will be the win. I can keep up with affliction until the boss drops down to 35% life. Cause of deaths embrace. Very nice talent for shadow, hope we get something like it for destruction.

But basically the main difference between the two spec is with affliction you will be watching your DoT timers, and destruction you will be watching your cool downs. Chaos bolt has a 12 second cool down, only god knows why they increased it from 8 seconds, you are also watching your conflag to come off cool down assuming you have the glyph, and if you don't... get it.

Basically anything you can want or know is on the EJ forums.

Some simple things that you want to know.

Spell hit cap is 17% ~442 it’s about 26 hit for 1% hit.
    If you have the talent that gives 3% hit then you only need 14% ~364
    With a boomkin or shadow priest in the raids they add another 3% to your hit.
    Brining your hit cap down to 11% ~286

11% should be any warlocks aim assuming they have the talents for the extra 3%. It's really easy to get hit capped and shouldn’t be a problem for any one.

Now for Gems, The only thing any warlock should ever gem for is Spell damage, unless the socket bonus is worth matching.

For instance, if the socket is yellow and red and the socket was +8 haste, then it'd be worth getting it cause if you put a 19 spell pwr in and 9 spell pwr + 8 haste, then you'd gain an over all of 28 spell pwr and 16 haste. While if you didn’t you would get 38 spell power. Now this really comes down to preference in the end. Do what you think is worth it.

For ALL warlocks the target for gemming / bonuses are as follows

HIT
    Spell Pwr
    Haste
    Crit
    Spirt

Haste and Crit as almost on par. (Notice spirt isn’t that great, the only time you use the gem is meeting Meta requirements)

The aim for destruction looks is 20% crit, 400 haste, 2k spell dmg. all unbuffed (including no armor on). These are very high stats but it gives you an idea what you need to aim for.

I am unsure for affliction all I know is that you go for spell power and haste. haste caps at around 1k haste rating. So i'm sure you can figure it out Smile
    zabula923
    zabula923

Warlock Class Empty Re: Warlock Class

Post  zabula923 February 25th 2009, 8:21 am

woo rev i knew i could count on you to do this with telling you to.
    Revrand
    Revrand

Post  Revrand February 25th 2009, 11:41 am

yeah im sure you ment with out telling me

but on another note, with the 3.1 changes around the corner a lot of things are going to be changing for both affliction and destruction locks.

It seems like they are trying to make demo viable for raiding....

both affliction and destruction will be a lot easier to play since they are dumbing down each tree for rotation wise along with nerfing the damage... will be intresting to see how this plays out.
    Revrand
    Revrand

Post  Revrand March 23rd 2009, 3:41 pm

Well with all the incoming changes I think I'm still looking forward to the changes.. it seems like an increase in DPS for Destro, Affliction is getting some what of a nerf, they are taking away some DoTs but the damage out put of Affliction is supposed to be around the same.

Minus the only Drain Soul bullshit damage.... yeah thats getting fucking nerfed which needs to be.

Demo is supposed to be getting some hella good buffs to increase its damage, along with reducing the CD on Meta, which could be fun. I think I'll start putting together a Demo set to play with this.

Also they are making Demo more viable to raids for buffing the raid which can be pretty nice.

I am going to be happy to remove corr from my rotation as well.. 600 mana spell that sucks ass for destro... thank god. They are also removing CoA from our rotation cause Molten Core getting moved to the Demo tree.. which im not to happy with to be honest.

Looking forward to some of the changes though.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 18th 2024, 7:24 pm